On Chamba- Mussoorie road in Uttrakhand, there is a small village nestled in the lap of nature where mighty hills, a cool ambiance, zig-zag roads in serpentine shapes, deodar trees, few unorganized homes, and widespread greenery give birth to picturesque landscapes that always entice shutterbugs. And we call this village Kanatal. Camping has always been a popular outdoor activity since decades for exploring offbeat locations and watch scenic surroundings. It is good for enjoying an ideal weekend activity. When it comes to having an offbeat location for adventure lovers, Kanatal emerges as the best offbeat location for camping enthusiasts. If you are from Delhi and planning to visit this location in summers or winters, ask your Delhi travel agents for the top tour packages with camping as a USP element so that you can enjoy in Kanatal at a stretch.
Kanatal Accommodation in temporary structures
Camping tents you find at Kanatal for the purpose of accommodation are temporary structures with all possible living amenities. With 2-4 comfortable beds in a tent, travelers get a comfortable space with quilts and a compromised mattress. Moreover, tents are rainproof with attached toiletry facilities. You can simply divide them into the following categories:
- Deluxe Tents (Alpine tents with attached washrooms)
- Standard Tents (Alpine Tents with common washrooms)
- Super Deluxe Tents (Swiss Tents with attached washrooms)
- Independent huts for couples only
During heavy rains or a bad weather, it is likely that there is no electricity in tents as well as outside the camps. So, get ready to take the feel of a rustic village in the remote location of Garhwal Himalayas.
Kanatal food pattern
All visitors to Kanatal who are staying in tents are supposed to get local vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. The menu of breakfast, lunch, and dinner is pre-scheduled.
- All meals: Breakfast, lunch, evening tea/coffee with snacks and dinner served on the buffet style (Vegetarian & Non-Vegetarian).
- Breakfast: Toast, butter, jam, stuffed parantha, dahi, pickles, omelet, eggs.
- Dinner: Three vegetarian dishes, one non-vegetarian dish with chapati, rice, papad, salad, pickles, and sweets.
- Evening snacks: Tea/coffee with snacks.
- Lunch: Three vegetarian dishes with chapati, rice, papad, salad, pickles, and sweets.
Kanatal entertainment and adventure activities
When you are at a long distance from Delhi, it is high time to go something unique and feel excited and contended with some sporting activities. You can go for these activities near the camp or at a particular place. Make sure, your travel agents in Delhi offer you the best tour package to Kanatal having the following features included:
- Adventure Sports Activities: Rock climbing, rappelling, valley crossing, etc.
- Bonfire with light music
- Forest walk
- Ground sports activities: Badminton and street cricket
- Indoor games: Cards, chess, tombola, and carom
- Special features: DJ night and bar-be-que (paid)
- Team building activities: On the basis of group strength and interest
Kanatal things to do
- Surkunda Devi temple: One of the 51 famous shakti peeths or shrine dedicated to Devi Sati.
- Kanatal Eco Park in front of Club Mahindra resort and the herbal garden is good for treks, Himalayan view, animals and bird watching inside deodar forest. Remember there is a nominal fee for entering the park.
- Tehri Dam: The biggest and largest dam in India.
- Tehri Lake and Kodia jungle
Kanatal: How to reach easily?
There are two road tracks that you can use to reach this less traveled and offbeat destination. The distance of the first route from Delhi is 321.1 km via NH 58, NH 334 and NH 34 via (Delhi-Roorkee-Haridwar-Rishikesh-Narendra Nagar-Chamba-Kanatal). The distance of the second route from Delhi is 378.2 km via NH34 (Delhi-Meerut-Muzzafarnagar-Roorkee-Chutmalpur-Mohand-Dehradun-Mussoorie- Dhanaulti-Kanatal). Both the routes are in good condition but the 2nd one can be found full of traffic jams on weekends and the peak season. It will be better if you try the 1st one as you find this route free from woes of traffic jams.