Pilgrimage has a great significance in the Hindu religion and there is also a long list of top religious places to visit in India. At every nook and corner in India, you will find a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and mother goddess. As per legends, Lord Shiva is the most powerful deity in Hinduism. The lord is believed to narrate the secrets of immortality to Parvati in this cave. When the lord was telling the secret to the mother goddess, a pair of pigeon also overheard the secret and gained immortality. Even, today lord Shiva appears in the form of lingam in the ‘Sharavan’ month of Hindu calendar (July-August) to bless his devotees. Even, during the summers, it is very challenging to go the route to the Amarnath Cave.
When we talk about most holy Hindu places in India, the heavenly abode of Lord Shiva catches all eyes and it is called Amarnath Cave. To reach this holiest place for the purpose of Darshan, all you have to do is to go on a holy pilgrimage called Amarnath Yatra. 140 km from Srinagar, Lord Amarnath temple existed at a height of 3888 m above sea level is enclosed by snow-capped mountains. Being totally covered with snow, this cave is opened for a short time in summer. Naturally-crafted ice lingam of Lord Shiva and 2 more ice lingams or Mata Parvati and Lord Ganesha are also visible. Although it is not a temple, yet you can count it as the oldest and most popular lord Shiva temples in India for gaining spiritual excellence.
All devotees should know when Amarnath Yatra advance booking is open. They can take timely help and guidance from reliable travel and tour operating resources, register their yatra, and book an all-inclusive package. The following content will put a light on some facts that will help you know more about the divine shrine and get ready to go on a blessed trip this summer.
Amarnath Yatra registration for a spiritual experience
For going on one of the most famous pilgrimage trips in India, all Shiva devotees have to register themselves as a pilgrim. Registration is needed for the safety and security of pilgrims before they undertake the yatra. The yatra applicant should be between 13 years and below 75 years. No pregnant woman is allowed to take part in the yatra.
By making a payment of Rs 50, one can get registration from for yatra but only at the designated Bank Branches in India recognized by the SASB. Registration counters are available at all authorized bank branches and one can submit Amarnath Yatra registration form 2018 along with a Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) to get registered.
- The color of Yatra Permit for Pahalgam Route: Monday, Lavender; Tuesday, Pink Lace; Wednesday, Beige; Thursday, Peach; Friday, Lemon Chiffon; Saturday, Blue, and Sunday, Honeydew.
- The color of Yatra Permit for Baltal Pahalgam Route: Monday, Lemon Chiffon; Tuesday, Blue; Wednesday, Honeydew; Thursday, Lavander; Friday, Pink Lace; Saturday, Beige, and Sunday, Peach.
Amarnath Yatra route – How to reach for Darshan of ice-lingam?
There are many means of reaching to the cave that defines spirituality. You can use any mode of transportation as per your convenience, budget, or changing needs. Just go through the following options to know what suits you the best for setting out on a holy journey to see natural lingam:
- Amarnath Yatra by Helicopter: Helicopter services are available to pilgrims from Srinagar airport in Srinagar. This service is used by the pilgrims who prefer to save time and freedom from physical stress.
- Amarnath Yatra by Road: The Pahalgam route (46 km) and devotees need 5 days to reach the cave. This route is most popular and people can also use ponies to reach the abode of Mahadev. Baltal to Amarnath Cave route (14 km) and pilgrims can complete it with just one-day This route is no so popular and only a few prefer to use this trek as it is accessed by foot only.
- Amarnath Yatra by AC Volvo: Amarnath trip is also possible if you are not choosing train or helicopter. You better go by AC Volvo from any corner of India.
- Amarnath Yatra by Car: If you can drive yourself or hire a cab driver, you can make a big difference. Drop your car at the hotel and choose a yatra route from Pahalgam or Baltal to make a fresh start.
- Nearest airport: Srinagar
- Nearest railway station: Jammu
Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB) for management of Yatra to holy cave
Shri Amarnathji Shrine, one of the top religious destinations in India, in South Kashmir is a holy place where pilgrims will find the appearance of Lord Shiva in the in the unique form of an Ice Lingam. To see the visible lingam and pay respect to the god, millions of devotees have to trek through the daunting mountains to Shri Amarnathji Shrine in the summer months. Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB) is responsible for the better management of the Shri Amarnathji Yatra with the following roles:
- Arrangement for the proper performance of worship
- Taking the safe custody of the funds, valuable and
- Undertaking of the benefit of worshippers and pilgrims
- Making provision of medical relief
- Efforts for efficient management, maintenance, and administration of the shrine
For rendering you a spiritual experience with ice-lingam, the board takes care of all yatris in an amicable manner.
Amarnath Yatra Package:
A spiritual experience with Amarnath Cave and watching natural ice-lingam is not possible if you don’t have an all-inclusive Amarnath yatra tour package from Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Jammu, Hyderabad, and other states.
Amarnath Yatra by helicopter package generally starts from Rs. 9,000 per person and with a schedule of at least 2 nights and 3 days. With an enhanced package, you can expect travel for an additional number of days and number of nights at an inflated price tag. With this package, one can easily expect adequate facilities for hotel, car, insurance, sightseeing, helicopter, and meal.
Amarnath Yatra by trekking is another option that pilgrims can choose as per their convenience and health status. They will either get a pony ride or go on their feet to reach the holy cave. You can also go for an Amarnath yatra by helicopter package with one full day sightseeing of Srinagar, Gulmarg, and Pahalgam.
You can also opt for a combined Amarnath yatra and Vaishno Devi yatra package from leading and reliable travel agents in India. Know more about Packages For Tour
Amarnath Yatra 2018: Get ready for taking lords’ blessing
When you have a list of pilgrimage places in India, you will find Amarnath cave as a sacred destination that has its own relevance in the life and spirituality of all Hindu from India and rest of the world. For a spiritual experience with Amarnath temple cave and watching natural ice-lingam before your eyes, all you have to do is to look for Amarnath Yatra 2018. There is a proper registration process for getting legal permission from the authority to go on a holy trip.
You can either choose a helicopter ride for saving time or go for a pony ride to have some adventure around. There is also a long list of do’s and don’ts in Amarnath Yatra that you should follow for having a safe and secure experience. You can also expect sightseeing tour of Pahalgam, Srinagar, and Sonamarg during your tour to the beautiful cave.
Amarnath: Places of interest and things to do
It is quite easy to see the holy shrine on Google and check out Amarnath Yatra map. There are lots of things to do and many interesting places to visit on the holy trip to the most popular shrine in India. If you are visiting this superlative place this year, make sure that you enjoy the following attractions:
- Amarnath Cave: This is the place where Mahadev explained the Secret of Life to mother Parvati at this place.
- Buddha Amarnath Shrine: At Poonch, it is the place where annual yatra is conducted.
- Chandanwari: This is the place from where Shri Amarnath yatra starts.
- Ice Shiva Lingam: It is seen inside the Amarnath cave and is made naturally during May-August.
- Panchatarani: It is found near the cave and is the confluence of 5 rivulets. It is also the last camping point.
- Sheshnag Lake: It is a holy greenish blue lake sheltered within 7 mountain peaks. You will find it covered with ice even in the month of June.
- Pahalgam market: This place is good for buying wooden products, embroidered furniture material, woolen items, mirror frames, etc.
Plan your Amarnath Yatra and set out on a pilgrimage to pay respect to almighty and get blessings. A spiritual experience with Amarnath Cave and watching natural ice-lingam is a greater way to feel blessed.