There are always some rules and regulations that restrict the free flow of travelers from one country to another one. Some countries have a strict visa and passport requirements, whereas some of them are liberal and offer some relaxation in rules so that foreign travelers can enjoy their corporate and leisure travel in the most convenient manner. Before you move out of India and land on the airport of any country, make sure you take a serious look at pre-approval visa countries list, visa free countries list, and visa on arrival countries list for Indians. It will help you take a balanced decision and get rid of all sorts of visa and documentation hassles.
There are more than 50 countries that offer Indian passport holders visa on arrival. When it comes to finding the travel without passport countries for India, only Nepal and Bhutan offer Indian citizen such facilities. India passport holders who are interested in having a travel to foreign locations, for travel and holiday celebration purpose, visa-wise, most countries fall into the following three categories:
- Countries that demand a visa before you travel
- Countries that issue visa-on-arrival
- Countries that are visa-free
Following is a concise visa on arrival countries list for all leisure travelers who want to set out on a sojourn in the foreign locations with friends and families. Although the list of visa on arrival destinations for Indians include more than 50 countries, yet only handpicked and most popular destinations have been covered in the content with reference to Asia, Oceania, North America, South America, and Africa. For International Tour packages from India contact us
Stunning beaches, vibrant nightlife, sophisticated cuisine, and Buddhist culture are the prime reasons why 16 million foreigners visit Asia’s primary travel destination—Thailand. Bangkok, the capital city of Thailand, is crazy with amazing markets, shops, nightlife, and dainty food. Chiang Mai is good for adventures; come to Wat Pho for viewing a golden reclining Buddha statue and a relaxing massage school. Don’t forget to see Thailand’s royal palace and take part in the famous Full Moon Party. You can also hop around ancient capitals – Sukhothai, Lopburi, and Ayutthaya. Explore Khmer temples in Isaan, enjoy great beach activities at Phuket and Ko Phi Phi islands.
- Visa requirements in Thailand: Indian citizens will get a Visa on Arrival for 15 days when they produce a legitimate passport and confirmed return tickets
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: 1000 Thai Baht
- How to reach Thailand: Regular flights to Bangkok from New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, and Bangalore
- Major layover airports: Kolkata, Singapore, and Kuala Lumpur
- Best time to visit Thailand for tourism: Nov-Apr
- Top places to visit in Thailand: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Ko Lipe, Ko Phi Phi, Ko Pha Ngan, and Phuket
For honeymoon seekers and romantic couples, Maldives is a perfect sojourn. Ideal for a perfect island vacation, Maldives is an island of different 80 islands having different atolls and submarine volcanic ridges. Come to this tropical island for having a date with clear water, white sand beaches, palm trees, sunny days, and great diving. Don’t forget to dive the Banana Reef, ride and whale submarine, visit world famous dive site Mushimasmingali Thila, visit beautiful island Bathala Island, try some water sports, and visit the national museum in Sultan Park.
- Visa requirements in Maldives: Thailand offers Indian citizens visa on arrival for 30 days on the condition of travelers having possessed a return air ticket and adequate funds.
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: No fee
- How to reach Maldives: Regular flights to Male International airport from Delhi, Kochi, Goa, HYD, Pune, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, and Bangalore
- Major layover airports: Doha, Colombo, Dubai, and Istanbul
- Best time to visit Maldives for tourism: Nov-Apr
- Top places to visit in Maldives: Addu City, Vilamendhoo, Male, and Hithadhoo
An exciting holiday destination in South-East Asia dotted with beautiful tropical islands, extensive landscape beacons all global travelers to a calm ambiance. This is Cambodia, an alluring country with generous and welcoming people. Come to the city capital Phnom Pench and get lost in the most interesting tourist attractions, including Silver Pagoda, Boat Noodle Restaurant, Yi Sang, Chinese House, and, Phnom Tamao Zoo, Heart of Darkness, and The Royal Palace. Budget conscious travelers can try Air India, Thai Airways, and Jet Airway flights to Cambodia. Don’t forget to visit port city Sihanoukville/Kampong Som, South East Asia’s largest freshwater lake Tonle Sap, and magnificent views of lovely views of floating villages
- Cambodia Visa requirements: Cambodia deliver Indian tourists visa on arrival for an amount of 20 USD. It will be valid for 3 months and a 30-day stay in Cambodia on a condition that travelers have a valid passport, recent photographs, confirmed return tickets, and bank statements.
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: 20 USD
- How to reach Cambodia: Regular flights to Phnom Pench from Delhi, HYD, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, and Bangalore
- Major layover airports: Bangkok, London, Frankfurt, Kuala Lumpur, Doha, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, Colombo, Seoul, Tokyo, Dubai, and Beijing
- Best time to visit Cambodia for tourism: Nov-Apr
- Top places to visit in Cambodia: Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Tonle Sap, and Bayon
Macau, a self-governing region of the People’s Republic of China, is perched on the Pearl River Estuary from Hong Kong. Very popular as Asia’s Vegas, Macau is home to various casinos and gambling hubs. Moreover, the city is also known as a destination where one can enjoy duty-free shopping. You can also call this city a Mecca for shopaholics. Come to this beautiful city for enjoying The Macau International Music Festival, the Chung Yeung Festival, and the Feast of Immaculate Conception. If you love gambling, don’t forget to visit Venetian Macau, which has the world’s biggest casino.
- Macau Visa requirements: Macau allows Indians get a Visa on Arrival free cost which will be valid for a maximum stay of 30 days. Indian travelers have to produce the proof of sufficient funds along with return ticket and all travel documents.
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: USD 20
- How to reach Macau: Take a flight to Macau International Airport through Air India, All Nippon Airways, Cathay Pacific, Jet Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Vistara, or Singapore Airlines
- Major layover airports: Colombo, Bangkok, Singapore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Beijing,
- Best time to visit for Macau tourism: Oct-Dec
- Top places to visit in Macau: St. Paul’s Cathedral, Monte Forte, Macau Tower, A-Ma-Gao temple, Grand Prix Museum, Macau wine museum, City of Dreams
With nearly 13,500 islands, Indonesia is a perfect amalgamation of the diversity of cultures, landscapes, and cities. This country has lots of adventures for Indian travelers, willing to visit this country on a visa. Come to Indonesia for celebrating beach holidays, lake holidays, and romantic holidays with your partners and families. This beautiful country has lots of attractions in the form of lakes of Sumatra, gorges of Papua’s Baliem Valley, Pura Tanah Lot temple, Gunung Rinjani volcano, Mount Krakatau, Lake Toba, Bukit Baka-Bukit Raya National Park, Sacred Monkey Forest, and Orangutans of Borneo.
- Visa requirements: A visa on arrival status allows Indian travelers get an opportunity to stay for 30 days, ensuring they have enough funds, return tickets, and documents to legally stay in this country.
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: USD 25-35
- How to reach: Take a flight from different Indian airports to Soekarno–Hatta International Airport in Jakarta or Juanda International Airport
- Major layover airports: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Chennai
- Best time to visit for tourism: May-Sept
- Top places to visit in Indonesia: Bali, Borobudur, Borneo, Gili Islands, Komodo national park, Ubud, Borneo, and Banda Islands
This Palm-fringed island is a perfect tropical heaven for millions of Indian travelers who land in this country to enjoy white sandy beaches, natural lagoons, diverse coral reef ecosystem, a great underwater experience, and crystal clear sea water. The Mauritian airport is dotted with modern facilities, including duty-free shopping, a bank, bars, and restaurants. If you want to get lost in the magic of sports adventures, then this nation has snorkeling in shallow waters and boat rides to quaint islands. Remember that there is no direct flight to Mauritius from Delhi.
- Mauritius Visa requirements: Indians can avail visa on arrival, free of cost, which will be valid up to 90 days. Indian visitors must have necessary documents, return tickets, and sufficient funds.
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: No fee
- How to reach Mauritius: Take a flight from any Indian airport to Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport
- Major layover airports: Dubai, Mumbai, Istanbul, Chennai, Paris, Bangalore
- Best time to visit for Mauritius tourism: Apr-June
- Top places to visit in Mauritius: Black River Gorges National Park, Île aux Cerfs, Flic-en-Flac, Chamarel Coloured Earth; Champ De Mars, Race Course, China Town
Madagascar is an awfully- beautiful and completely untouched island showing you the most picturesque views of sun-kissed beaches, bulky rainforests, avenues of baobabs, and deep blue seas. If you are an adventure junkie, then Madagascar is the right destination for taking things to the next level with sporting activities of hiking, rock climbing, swimming, trekking, canoeing, etc. A date with marine life of this nation will let you spellbound. This country is also a great place for having a great variety of flora and fauna.
- Madagascar Visa requirements: Indian travelers will get a free visa on arrival facilities for up to 30 days
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: No fee
- How to reach Madagascar: Take flight from Indian airports to Ivato International Airport
- Major layover airports: Mumbai, Mahe Island, Mauritius, Dubai, and Abu Dhabi
- Best time to visit for Madagascar tourism: Apr-June; Sept-Dec
- Top places to visit in Madagascar: Antananarivo, Nosy Be, Morondava, Antsiranana, and Île Sainte‑Marie
Famous for Creole Portuguese-African culture, morna music, and vibrant beaches, Cape Verde is a great place for Indian travelers to feel relaxed and cozy with friends and families in a clean and neat ambiance around. This island nation offers you lots of sporting activities and must-do excursions. Don’t forget to take a bath at the famous beaches, go for a surfing session, float in a salt-pool, go island hopping, see giant marine creatures, and try some great seafood and tropical cocktails.
- Cape Verde Visa requirements: Indian travelers can avail a visa on arrival by paying a few Euros and showing a valid passport
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: 24 Euros
- How to reach Cape Verde: Take a flight from any Indian airport to Amílcar Cabral International Airport or Sal International Airport in Cape Verde
- Best time to visit for Cape Verde tourism: Nov-Dec; Feb-May
- Top places to visit in Cape Verde: Santo Antao, Boa Vista, Santiago, Mindelo, and Brava
Secluded beaches and the paranormal underwater world are enough to say whey Comoros Islands is a great tourist destination for Indian travelers looking for a flight to celebrate their holidays in Comoros. Existed in the Indian Ocean, the volcanic archipelago is home to an active volcano and has some top less-crowded beaches. Come to this island nation to enjoy the following sporting activities—snorkeling, diving, hiking, fishing, and water walks. Travelers can also expect a surprise visit to hot springs and enjoy turtle walks.
- Comoros Islands Visa requirements: Visa on arrival is valid for 45 days to all Indian travelers
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: 50 USD
- How to reach Comoros Islands: Take flights from Indian airports to Prince Said Ibrahim International Airport in the capital city of Moroni
- Major layover airports: Addis Ababa, Mumbai, and Nairobi
- Best time to visit for Comoros Islands tourism: May-Nov
- Top places to visit in Comoros Islands: Moheli, Fomboni, Anjouan, Grande, Mount Karthala, Moroni, and Mayotte
An archipelago of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean, Seychelles is a tropical paradise and an island of beautiful rainforests and hidden beaches. Sun-kissed beaches, beautiful marine life, and scorching sunset are enough to define why Seychelles matters the most. With the most developed island in Seychelles, Mahe is the capital city of Seychelles. The thing that brings all Indian travelers to this lovely island is extravagant reefs, colorful corals, and stirring shipwrecks. With a number of sporting activities, such as diving and snorkeling, Seychelles adds more magic and colors to the life of visitors.
- Seychelles Visa requirements: Visa on arrival is valid for 3 months
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: Free of charge but 5000 SCR for extending visa
- How to reach Seychelles: Take flight from Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai airport to the Seychelles International Airport, Mahe, Seychelles
- Major layover airports: Mumbai, Abu Dhabi, and Bangalore
- Best time to visit for Seychelles tourism: Apr-May, Oct-Nov
- Top places to visit in Seychelles: Curieuse Island, Sainte Anne Marine National Park, Cousin Island, and Aride Island
Immensely popular for its wildlife-rich Galapagos Islands, Ecuador is an awe-inspiring tourist destination in South America and paradise for exploring the natural beauty around. In last couples of months, this island has been in news for the warning of the Zika Virus issued to foreign travelers. Apart from all this, Ecuador is a great destination to spend quality and leisure time with friends and families. If you are planning to spend some time in the country, don’t forget to visit the cities of the Museo Templo del Sol Pintor Ortega Maila, the Iglesia de La Compania de Jesus, and the Cotopaxi National Park.
- Ecuador Visa requirements: Visa on arrival is valid for 3 months
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: Free of cost
- How to reach Ecuador: Take flight from Delhi to Mariscal Sucre International Airport in Quito
- Major layover airports: New Delhi, Amsterdam, Mumbai, Frankfurt, and London
- Best time to visit for Ecuador tourism: Dec-May
- Top places to visit in Ecuador: Quito, Cuenca, Guayaquil, Santa Cruz Island, and Baños de Agua Santa
Known for an active volcano, Dominica is a mountainous island which is inherently beautiful and less-explored. Be it lakes, rainforests, blue waters, fascinating treks, hot springs, and beaches, the Caribbean island ensures you candid and breath-taking views of the surrounding guidance. It is nothing but a variety of flora and fauna dotted in ‘The Nature Island of the Caribbean’ which makes it a perfect country to live in and visit for spending quality time. If you are visiting this place, don’t forget to have a date with the UNESCO world heritage site called Morne Trois Pitons National Park.
- Dominica Visa requirements: Visa on arrival is valid for 6 months with proof of adequate funds and return tickets
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: Free of cost
- How to reach Dominica: There are no direct international flights to Douglas–Charles Airport or Canefield Airport in Dominica, Indian travelers have to change at London, Bridgetown, New York, and San Juan
- Major layover airports: London, Antigua, Toronto, and Philadelphia
- Best time to visit for Dominica tourism: Oct-Jan
- Top places to visit in Dominica: Roseau, Portsmouth, Morne Trois Pitons National Park, Scotts Head, and Calibishie
Indian travelers get ready to go on a roller-coaster ride South America’s most mystifying country Bolivia. With a huge biodiversity in the form of basin rainforests and desert, this country offers you a candid date with the Bolivian festivities, parades, and carnivals. The Bolivian national parks are a boon to wildlife lovers as there are more than 9,000 bird species that Indian travelers can see on their next tour to Bolivia. Come to this country for having multi-ethnic cultural experiences.
- Bolivia Visa requirements: Visa on arrival is valid for 3 months with proof of adequate funds and return tickets
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: 1000 USD
- How to reach Bolivia: No direct flight to Bolivia; choose international airlines to reach La Paz Airport in Bolivia
- Major layover airports: London, Frankfurt, Paris, Amsterdam, and Miami
- Best time to visit for Bolivia tourism: May-Oct
- Top places to visit in Bolivia: Lake Titicaca, La Paz, Uyuni, Copacabana, and Santa Cruz de la Sierra
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
The dual-island Caribbean nation Trinidad & Tobago is a serene escape for people who love to feel the gentle water waves under their feet, pristine mangrove swamps, sun-setting over peaceful bays, and magic of rain forested hills. Beaches with palm trees and white sand are ready to offer all Indian travelers an unparalleled experience with lots of sporting adventures. Come to this lovely nation and get lost in its electric nightlife and fabulous carnivals that are enough to entice every traveler from any corner of the world.
- Trinidad & Tobago Visa requirements: Visa on arrival is valid for 3 months with proof of adequate funds and return tickets
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: Free of cost
- How to reach Trinidad & Tobago: Take flights from Indian airport to reach Piarco International airport
- Major layover airports: London, New York, Miami, and Port of Spain
- Best time to visit for Trinidad & Tobago tourism: Dec-Apr
- Top places to visit in Trinidad & Tobago: Pigeon Point, Asa Wright Nature Centre, Pitch Lake, Englishman’s Bay, and Emperor Valley Zoo
The homeland of reggae musician Bob Marley is widely known for reef-lined beaches, mountains, rainforests, beach parties, rowdy music, and carnivals. Try Dunn’s River Falls, Dolphin Cove, Doctor’s Cave Beach Club, and Bob Marley Museum. Come to this beautiful tourist destination to have a date with the following tourist attractions—National Gallery, Natural History Museum, Bob Marley Museum, Hope Gardens, and National Heroes Park.
- Jamaica Visa requirements: Indian travelers needn’t have a Jamaican tourist visa for a stay up to 14 days
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: Not-mentioned
- How to reach Jamaica: Take flight from Indian airports to Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston and Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay
- Major layover airports: New Delhi, Newark, Mumbai, Paris, New York, Miami, and Dubai
- Best time to visit for Jamaica tourism: Nov-Apr
- Top places to visit in Jamaica: Montego Bay, Ocho Rios, Negril, Kingston, and Falmouth
Gushing waterfalls, serene seas, volcanic remnants, gorges, waterfalls, and lush forests define the natural beauty of the island nation called Samoa. With reef-bordered beaches, this country has everything to make a traveler feel happy and excited as well. Remember that there is no direct international flights facility between India and Samoa. So, Indian citizens have to take connecting flights to reach Samoa using international airlines—Singapore Airlines, Air India, Cathay Pacific, China Southern Airlines, Jet Airways, and Malaysia Airlines.
- Samoa Visa requirements: Visa on arrival is valid for 60 days with proof of adequate funds and return tickets
- Fee for issuing visa at airport: Not mentioned
- How to reach Samoa: Take international flights to reach Faleolo International Airport
- Major layover airports: Singapore, Hong Kong, Melbourne, and Kuala Lumpur
- Best time to visit for Samoa tourism: May-Oct
- Top places to visit in Samoa: Apia, Savai’I, Lalomanu, Salelologa, and Vailima
It will be great for you if you can go through all terms and conditions applied to the issuance of visa on arrival. Before you plan to visit any countries with or without a proper passport and visa documentation, make sure you go through the list of visa free countries for Indian passport holders in 2017. It will help you schedule a perfect itinerary and experience a fuss-free travel to top global travel destinations in all parts of the world. Don’t forget to visit the embassy of the country in New Delhi to know if you are liable to get a visa on arrival or not.