Sun, sea, and silence are not just three words that are liked by any newlywed, but they are the words that define a fairy-tale romance on honeymoon beaches. Immediate after their marriage, married couples need some privacy and comfort. So, they look for honeymoon destination themes. In India, there are two broader categories of honeymoon destinations: Hill stations and beaches. Hill stations have their own uniqueness, but beaches simply allow married couples make a fresh start in the quiet ambiance of sea and silence under the shining sun.
For a fairy-tale romance, it is vital to have a right honeymoon package to Goa, Lakshadweep, and Andaman Island. There, couples can go for an unending romance in, on, and underwater. Following is a simple comparison of Goa vs Lakshadweep vs Andaman Island to help you decide which destination suits you the best for celebrating your upcoming honeymoon on white sand and clear blue water.
ROMANTIC THINGS TO DO ON GOA BEACHES
Sizzling Zeenat Aman playing with saltwater in the song ‘Samundar mein naha ke aur bhi’ reminds us of Chapora Beach in Goa. This beach has clear blue waters, stillness, and beautiful panoramas that make it one of the most admired Goan beaches amongst honeymoon couples and tourists. If you are visiting Goa for celebrating your honeymoon, you better try the following things to do there to add more color and rhythm to your honeymoon period:
- Pamper yourself with a couple massage at Goan spas
- Go for a nighttime beach saunter hand in hand
- Spend a weekend on the houseboat
- Do some sky-gazing and go bird watching
- Walk amidst old Goa’s historic churches
- Stroll hand-in-hand on Goa’s best beaches
- Stay at a stunning beach shack
- Get drenched at Dudhsagar Falls
- Party the night away at Goa’s best bars
- Try out a water sport together
- Dine at Goa’s best international restaurants
Best romantic honeymoon beaches in Goa:
There are more than hundred popular and offbeat beaches in Goa where you can play in, on and under water. When it comes to enjoying some quality time with her, you simply need to visit the following honeymoon beaches:
- Agonda Beach: Less crowded with long stretch of sand with views of sunset while walk over holding hands
- Anjuna beach: Spot for dream parties with restaurants, bars, and nightclub around
- Baga Beach: The most crowded beach is known for its Beach and Baga Creek, this sunny shore offer some water sports
- Calangute Beach: It is Queen of Beaches offering wonderful expediency facilities
- Candolim Beach: Picturesque excellence of the sand and ocean with various shacks and sunny shore restaurants
- Cavelossim Beach: A well-known vacation spot for water games with less swarm is idyllic for honeymoon couples looking for privacy
- Mandrem Beach: Wonderful forsook while sand beach with sunlit shore shacks and cabins
- Palolem Beach: It is a half-moon bay with clear, calm waters; stroll by walking
- Sinquerim Beach: A charming beach famous for water sports
- Varca Beach: A tranquil destination with excellent palm trees and Dolphin spotting treks
Goa beaches in romantic Indian movies: Ek Duuje Ke Liye (1981), Saagar (1985), Khamoshi-The Musical (1996), Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd (2007), Go Goa Gone (2013), and Finding Fanny (2014)
ROMANTIC THINGS TO DO ON LAKSHADWEEP BEACHES
For newlyweds, Lakshadweep is an island holiday destination with widespread natural beauty, calmness, coconut palms and picturesque landscapes. With 36 coral islands, the top tourist destination easily smites all visitors from all walks of life. This island has everything you need to make your honeymoon perfect—grasslands, Turquoise Ocean, and the orangey kissed beaches. Here are some interesting things for couples they can do on their much-awaited trip to Lakshadweep:
- Climbing 120 stairs at historic British lighthouse to have panoramic views of the island
- Kite surfing for race with wind and play with water
- Lagoon fishing for a fun-filled and loving experience of watching colorful species
- Nature walks for crystal clear views of blue lagoon water with birds’ clatter
- Scuba diving activity to experience underwater marine life
- Shopping therapy for beach handicraft items
- Trying some tempting seafood
Why honeymoon couples visit Lakshadweep?
Lakshadweep Islands or “the Laccadives” is an ultimate exotic diving location with its neat and clean beaches that are simply a paradise for divers. Let’s check out some reasons why honeymoon couples like to flock to Lakshadweep:
- Love is in the air with a calm and uninhabited ambiance
- Coolness even in the hottest summer months with palm-fringed beaches
- Snorkelling, boarding, sailing, rowing, windsurfing and kayaking
- Marine life for detecting underwater creations and species
- Delicate and beautiful shell treasure on Lakshadweep land
If you love sun, sea, and silence, then Kadmat, Kavaratti Island, Kalpeni Island, Bangaram Atoll, Agatti Island, and Minicoy Island beacon honeymoon couples spend their private moments in a fuss-free manner.
ROMANTIC THINGS TO DO ON ANDAMAN ISLAND
Make an evening get together at Aamkunj Beach, Rangat, spend a lazy afternoon at Guitar Island or take a long walk at Wandoor Beach, Port Blair, when you are in Andaman to celebrate your honeymoon. Stay disconnected from the clatter of city noise and get lost in the natural beauty of the beach that is also no less than the beautiful eyes of your wife. The Andaman Islands are still untouched and unspoiled because of its geographic location and coastal areas. With a pleasing climate, it emerges as the as an ideal beach holiday destination for couples and honeymoon birds. It also renders you a paradise of exquisite marine life. Check out the following beaches and their USPs to do some beautiful things:
- Corbyn’s Cove and Chirya Tapu: The most picturesque sea-beaches ideal for sea bathing and sun-basking.
- Harminder Bay Beach: Existed at Hut Bay Island; connected by Inter Island Shipping
- Karmatang Beach, Mayabunder: Developed as a turtle nesting ground, this beach is really calm and quiet
- Laxmanpur Beach, Neil Island: Famous for fine, white sand
- Radhnagar Beach, Havelock Island: Asia’s best beach with a total unpolluted ambiance for environment lovers.
- Ramnagar Beach: A Sandy beach at Diglipur Island
Come to the land of spectacular rainforests, dazzling corals, ancient tribes that blow your mind away with its serenity. Come to this island for bird watching, trekking, sea-walking, water hopping, water activities, and beach bumming.
Goa vs Lakshadweep vs Andaman Island
All of three destinations are unique for honeymoon seekers. Every beach has its own exclusive features that entice you to its beaches, sands, flora, and marine life. Come to Goa for a nightlife and party; come to Lakshadweep for exploring marine life, and come to Andaman Island for enjoying water activities at the Asia’s best beach. All three destinations will offer you sun, sea, and privacy for getting naughty all day and night long.
After making a comparison, you can take the decision of booking a honeymoon package. If you are still not able to take a balanced decision, then talk to your travel agents for booking a tour package for Goa, Lakshadweep, or Andaman Island as per your changing needs and preferences.