In incredible India, North India is a fairly incredible land with its diverse culture, heritage sites, rich history, varying climate, vivid geography, people, religion, and togetherness. This land is quite perfect for promoting tourism. The topography of the northern India entices millions of travelers from all walks of life. From tip to toe, the Northern part of India is dotted with wonderful rivers, deserts, hill stations, valleys, flora, fauna, national parks, palaces, monuments, peaks, water bodies, and season changes. Primarily, North India consists of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, and Rajasthan.
North India = Indus Gangetic plain + Himalayas
To start a lifelong journey of togetherness, all newlyweds look for a quiet and interesting place to know each other well and unwind after going through wedding rituals. The honeymoon is a special and much-needed vacation that one needs to celebrate in the lap of natural beauty and mesmerizing landscapes. A large number of honeymoon couples or other lovebirds like to search which place is the best for a honeymoon in India, especially North India? Where to honeymoon in North India? Their quest for the best retreat comes to an end when you find a long and exhaustive list of honeymoon destinations in North India. People search North India honeymoon tours online to find the best spots with all modern living amenities and facilities. The following list of a few top romantic places will help you find the topmost North India honeymoon destinations and book a honeymoon package for North India.
There are lots of honeymoon themes that you can choose in order to celebrate your honeymoon in cities, deserts, hill stations, beaches, national parks, and offbeat destinations. Whether you are searching for the best romantic hill stations in India for honeymoon holidays or honeymoon destinations in India in spring, summer, monsoon, and winter season, this content will help you take a balanced decision and bring the most out of nuptial moments in a hassle-free manner.
Romantic holidays at hill station honeymoon destinations in North India
When honeymooners start searching for special honeymoon places, they give priority to North India honeymoon destinations. The reason behind this tendency is hill stations. There is no dearth of honeymoon destinations in North India where mighty Himalaya tempts all wanderlusts, shutterbugs, weekend lovers, and picnic fanatics. From Kashmir to Uttranchal and from Leh to Himachal Pradesh, India gives you hundreds of hill stations to exercise honeymoon and enjoy the natural beauty around. Following are the two most exquisite honeymoon destinations that you can try to take things to the next level.
Gulmarg for honeymoon—Romantic escape in Himalayan natural paradise
Gulmarg in Kashmir is known for its ageless beauty and is blessed with paranormal meadows and snow-clad mountains. This great hill station takes honeymoon couples to a world of stunning gardens, flowers, lakes, stream, and snow-clad hills. Honeymooners will find this spot ideal for honeymoon activities with a difference. This wonderland in North India clearly reminds you of a few Bollywood flicks. Keep in mind that it is a heaven on earth for lovebirds.
- Romantic things to do for honeymooners: Privacy, shikara ride, horse riding pine-clad slopes, cool hill resort, cable car ride, highest green golf course, skiing, and snowboarding
- Places of Interest for honeymooners: Niggle Nallah, Drung, and Alpathar lake
- Best time to visit in North India: March-October
- Honeymoon package types available: North India honeymoon tour packages, tour packages for Kashmir
Chopta for honeymoon—life-changing experience in India’s mini Switzerland
Chopta is one of the most liked honeymoon places in North India which is fondly called as mini Switzerland. This is a great heaven for all trekkers and explorers and it lies in Rudraprayag district of Uttrakhand. Being a great offbeat place, it takes one’s breath away with its natural exquisiteness. With salubrious climate, the valley town looks mesmerizing during winters and offers honeymooners a life-altering experience. It is also one of the most interesting weekend gateways from Delhi NCR.
- Romantic things to do for honeymooners: Trekking, camping, photography, and clear Himalayan views
- Places of Interest for honeymooners: Kedarnath wildlife sanctuary, Gopeshwar town, Tungnath Shiva Temple, Kanchula Korak Musk Deer Sanctuary, and Ukhimath
- Best time to visit in North India: Summers
- Honeymoon package types available: North India honeymoon tour packages
Exclusive and memorable winter honeymoon destinations in North India
Winter is the time when the air is bitterly cold and a white sheet of snowfall captures the might Himalaya vehemently. When the temperature is down, honeymooners need a place where the environment is quite placid and enjoyable. That is why it is high time to escape the Himalayas and go into the desert and plains. In winters, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh turn into a dreamland of millions of honeymoon seekers. Just try out these two honeymoon places in North India to know why they add more colors to your honeymoon experience in winter (December, January, and February).
Udaipur for honeymoon—Surreal and magical place in ‘Venice of the East’
The ‘City of Lakes’ or the ‘Venice of the East’ is a hidden treasure in the desert that makes all honeymoon enthusiasts reach a great winter destination enriched with architectural and cultural excellence. This city not only arranges marriages of royals and celebrities but also prepares a ground for a typical honeymoon in Rajasthan. If you are not interested in beaches and hill stations, then Udaipur will make you feel like VIPs and avail the real ambiance around for honeymoon celebration.
- Romantic things to do for honeymooners: Romantic sightseeing, royal honeymoon suites and resorts, romantic boat rides, and private moments in excellent hotels and resorts
- Places of Interest for honeymooners: City Palace, Shiv Niwas Palace, Lake Palace, City Palace Museum, Pichola Lake, and Lake Fateh Sagar
- Best time to visit in North India: Sept-March
- Honeymoon package types available: Udaipur tour package, Rajasthan tour package, North India honeymoon tour packages
Agra for honeymoon—be a witness of an eternal love story in great heritage site
There are lots of best places to stay and visit in the city of love for all honeymoon couples. Agra is a town of love and Taj Mahal is a symbol of love that depicts the love story of the Mughal king and his royal Begum. Newlyweds can render their new life a unique touch with the booking of a tour package to see the world most wonderful monument in India that depicts the great Indian architectural and cultural heritage. If you love to add more colors and style to romantic moments, nothing can be a great place than Agra to celebrate a winter honeymoon.
- Romantic things to do for honeymooners: Sightseeing, shopping, and spend some time in Mughal gardens
- Places of Interest for honeymooners: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Tomb of I’timad-Ud- Daulah, and Akbar tomb
- Best time to visit in North India: Oct-March
- Honeymoon package types available: Taj tour packages, North India honeymoon tour packages, Golden triangle tour
Summer honeymoon destinations in North India to start a new relationship
A parching and sweating Indian summer compel all honeymoon lovers to explore cool and happening honeymoon places in North India. There are also several honeymoon destinations that you can choose in order to start a new relationship. Following are the two top places that you can choose as a summer place to unwind with your better half.
Shimla for honeymoon—romantic journey in exquisite groove of Queen of Hills
When it comes to choosing a city honeymoon destination in North India, especially in summers, the very first name that strikes everybody’s mind spontaneously is Shimla. Summer becomes a right time to reach Shimla when plains in North India are burning with solar heat. Thanks to the pleasant weather around and pristine ambiance in the lap of mighty Himalayans. The Queen of Hills of Himachal Pradesh is simply one of top honeymoon destinations in India for romantic couples to spend quality time in most private spaces.
- Romantic things to do for honeymooners: Walk hands in hands to enjoy views of the great Himalaya, romantic walks on Mall road, and watch nice sunset
- Places of Interest for honeymooners: Kufri, Jakhoo temple, Annandale, Chadwick Falls, Green Valley, Christ Church, Naldhera, Mall Road, and the Ridge
- Best time to visit in North India: Feb-June; Nov-Dec
- Honeymoon package types available: North India honeymoon tour packages, Shimla tour packages
Leh Ladakh for honeymoon—Romantic voyage in unexplored treks of Himalayas
Among the Karakoram and Himalayan ranges, honeymoon couples will find a North India destination where snow-capped hills, clear blue water, desert valley, flowers, monasteries, and castles offer a quiet and solitary ambiance. It is a great way to forget city life and say no to top crowded places and come to this marvelous land. For a honeymoon, it is the most unexplored destinations of the world which offers a wonderful mood to explore the hidden gems of married life amid the beautiful but rugged Himalaya.
- Romantic things to do for honeymooners: Safari on the double-humped camel; dine under the star-studded sky; spot a snow leopard, a full moon night in camp, and shop some Tibetan handicrafts
- Places of Interest for honeymooners: Pangong Lake, Shanti Stupa, Tso Moriri Lake, Leh Palace, Magnetic Hill, Nubra Valley, Chadar Trek, and Spituk Monastery
- Best time to visit in North India: June-Sept
- Honeymoon package types available: North India honeymoon tour packages, Leh and Ladakh tour package
Regular honeymoon retreat for new love birds in North India
If you are avidly searching for a place of privacy, peace, and quiet, you will never find anything better than North India. Manali enjoys the status one of the topmost honeymoon places in North India and India as well. In the same manner, Jaipur is also a place where millions of people from India and rest of the world like to flock to get lost in the magical beauty of the pink city.
Manali for honeymoon–Dream destination for picture-postcard honeymoon
When you start searching for the most usual North India honeymoon destination, you will find Manali on the top of everyone list. This place induces a big difference as it is fit for a romantic stay amid a tranquil setting that offers all couples a feeling of being out of the world. It is honeymooners’ paradise and it also delivers utmost privacy and ecstasy ceaselessly. Come to this place to rejoice and get naughty with partner amid snow-covered hills.
- Romantic things to do for honeymooners: Camping, national parks, dining out in restaurants, river rafting, trekking to Jogini Falls, and igloo stay
- Places of Interest for honeymooners: Solang Valley, Rohtang Pass, Naggar Castle, Hidimba Devi temple, Mall Road, and Vashisht Baths
- Best time to visit in North India: Throughout the year
- Honeymoon package types available: North India honeymoon tour packages, Manali tour packages
Jaipur for honeymoon—Rajput land for a perfect romantic setting for newlyweds
When we talk about grandeur and royalty in a destination that symbolizes a romantic escape, Pink city Jaipur emerges as one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in North India. With majestic palaces, historical monuments, stunning havelis, heritage hotels, flea markets, green parks, folk music, and Rajput history, this place is a quiet wonderland that delivers a perfect setting to all newlyweds. With lots of places to visit near Jaipur, a royal honeymoon is waiting for you.
- Romantic things to do for honeymooners: Romantic candlelight dinner, cabin restaurant, shopping, huts for couples, elephant ride, camel ride, and sightseeing at historic fort and palaces
- Places of Interest for honeymooners: Amer Fort, Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, and Raj Mandir
- Best time to visit in North India: Oct-March
- Honeymoon package types available: North India honeymoon tour packages, Jaipur tour packages
Offbeat honeymoon destinations in North India for a different journey
For the couples who love adventure and like to go on the paths that are less-explored, it is high time to go on an offbeat location and add more adventure to their upcoming honeymoon holiday. Offbeat honeymoon destinations are for the people who don’t like to go on the roads that have already been covered by millions in advance. The northern part of India is dotted with lots of destinations for exercising some adventures, but Rishikesh and Corbett Park lead the list without any doubt.
Rishikesh—A romantic rafting session on the mighty Ganges
Amid top North India honeymoon destinations, Rishikesh is full of adventure. All honeymoon seekers will find the mighty Ganges, romantic weather, romantic sightseeing spots, a quiet natural area, and a beautiful landscape around them. Come to the rafting capital of India and celebrate Rishikesh honeymoon holidays in a fuss-free manner. The Yoga capital of India also has everything that makes you feel spontaneous ecstasy and love perfectly. Don’t forget to get involved in a rafting session with her.
- Romantic things to do for honeymooners: Staying at glass houses adjacent to the Ganges, rafting on a shared boat, romantic candlelight dinner with recorded music, complimentary cake, rafting, camping, trekking, waterfall, bungee jumping, and yoga
- Places of Interest for honeymooners: Rajaji National Park, Lakshman Jhula, NeelKanth Mahadev temple, and Parmarth Niketan Yoga.
- Best time to visit in North India: March-June
- Honeymoon package types available: North India honeymoon tour packages, Rishikesh tour packages
Jim Corbett—Romance and adventure in Royal Bengal tiger’s den
Have you ever imagined a newlywed couple roaming freely in the tiger’s den in the most dangerous wildlife area and celebrating their post-wedding activities? Yes, it is possible in backwoods of the Jim Corbett national park in Uttarakhand. This place is totally dotted with flora and fauna and is the first choice of all adventure-loving couples searching for a real and hushed honeymoon destination in India. In the homeland of the roaring tiger, you will find a quiet place with all living amenities.
- Romantic things to do for honeymooners: Decorated room and beds; romantic candlelight dinner; refreshing swimming pool; and evening bonfire
- Places of Interest for honeymooners: Corbett Falls, Jim Corbett Museum, Garjiya Devi temple, and wildlife safari
- Best time to visit in North India: Jan-June, Nov-Dec
- Honeymoon package types available: North India honeymoon tour packages, Jim Corbett tour packages
Tour package information for honeymoon places in North India
When you buy a honeymoon tour package for celebrating honeymoon in the Northern part of India, you are supposed to get the best deal and relevant information on North India tourism, best places to visit, top things to do, sightseeing at tourist places, how to reach, and honeymoon packages with prices and airfares. So, contact a reliable and verified honeymoon travel agent in any part of North India.
A brief list of unexplored honeymoon spots in North India?
- Bundi and Deeg, Rajasthan
- Chail and Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh
- Chakrata and Dhanaulti, Uttarakhand
- Dudhwa National Park, Uttarakhand
- Fatehpur and Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan
- Harsil and Kanatal, Uttarakhand
- Kasol and Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Khimsar and Nawalgarh, Rajasthan
- Shekhawati and Ajmer, Rajasthan