The honeymoon is a holiday spent together by a newly married couple to mark a new beginning. It is also a great time to celebrate their marriage in intimacy and privacy. Basically, a honeymoon is an opportunity for newlyweds to escape from the stress of wedding rituals and the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It is quite a time to bid adieu to family and friends and find some relaxation and romantic moments together in a special location in India or an exotic location in any part of the world. When we talk about the best places in South India for choosing as a platform, places like Chennai, Mahabalipuram, Bangalore, Nagarhole, Bandipur, Ooty, Coorg, Mysore, Munnar, Thekkady, Alleppey, Kumarakom, Cochin, Wayanad, Pondicherry, and Coimbatore emerge as the best available options. All prime South Indian states, including Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Lakshadweep, Andhra Pradesh, Pondicherry, and Telangana, have some mesmerizing and top romantic honeymoon destinations that are ideal for celebrating honeymoon in India, especially South India.
Honeymooners yearn for Honeymoon Destinations in South India
You will also find these top tourist destinations of South India as amazing weekend getaways from Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, or Pune. Honeymoon holiday themes can be related to a hill station, wildlife, beach, adventure, or heritage. That is why South India is a boon for lovebirds, romance seekers, and honeymooners. With the help of South India honeymoon travel agents, you simply get the best honeymoon packages and deals as per your changing honeymoon needs. Let’s have a look at some of the top travel destinations of South India where you will get the best honeymoon ambiance in the form of hill stations, tea plantations, beaches, backwaters, rivers, hotels and national parks. These include:
Whenever you start searching for the topmost honeymoon destinations in India, Munnar simply gets the apex position as it delivers all honeymoon couples and enthusiasts a better and imaginative honeymoon ambiance. It is quite a most happening spot for exploring and experiencing the widespread beauty of nature. That is why this honeymoon destination has lately bagged the ‘Best Destination for Romance’ award by a leading tourism magazine.
For honeymoon couples, this is the place where they will find romance in the air with a serene environment around. Get affordable and customized Munnar tour packages to explore Munnar and check out the statistics why Munnar matters the most.
- Things to do in Munnar: Walk in the Clouds; Rock Climbing and Rappelling; Munnar Carmelagiri Elephant Park; Boating; Bicycle, Yoga; The Christ Church; The High Range Club; Munnar Supply Association (MSA); Motorcycle Around Tea Plantations and Rivulet Resort Munnar.
- Best places to visit in Munnar: Attukad Waterfall, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Eravikulam National Park, Kundla Dam, Lockheart Gap, Mattupetty Dam, Rose Garden, Tea Museum, and Valara Waterfalls
- Best time to visit Munnar: Throughout the year
- Romantic moments for couples in Munnar: Mountain biking, rock climbing and rappelling, shikara ride in Kundala Lake, Camping near Shola National Park, and trekking at Echo Point,
- Way to reach Munnar: By Air: Cochin International airport 125 km away from Munnar; By Train: Kochi railway station; By Road: Regular bus services from Bangalore, Chennai, Ernakulam, Salem, and Pondicherry
Ooty, Tamil Nadu
Your search for the most exciting honeymoon places in Southern parts of India comes to an end when you reach Ooty or Ootacamund. Ooty in Tamil Nadu is considered as Queen of Hills in South India and delivers the best of the natural magnificence for all romantic honeymoon destination seekers. It is simply an abode of serenity and natural beauty. If you love Indian movies, you will definitely understand why Ooty makes a big difference. It is one of the most favorite tourist places known as the Blue Mountains owing to its existence in the Nilgiri Hills. Being blessed with vivid flowers, mountains, dense forest, widespread grasslands, and green tea estates, this destination allows all honeymoon couples celebrate their valuable time cordially. Get affordable and customized Ooty tour packages to explore Ooty and check out the statistics why Ooty matters the most.
- Things to do in Ooty: Enjoy the weather, go for long walks, visit a tea plantation site, travel the countryside, horseback riding, visit forests and sanctuary, and Bakaura Malai, the hiding place of Tipu Sultan.
- Best places to visit in Ooty: Droog Fort in Connor, Avalanche Valley, Dolphin’s Nose, Lamb’s Rock in Connor, Rose Gardens, Kalhatti Falls, Mudumalai National Park, Mukurthi National Park, Deer Park, Wax World and, and Tribal Museum
- Best time to visit Ooty: May-June
- Romantic moments for couples in Ooty: Boating in the Ooty lake, long romantic stroll through the eucalyptus-laden tracks, and verdant valleys, and living inside fully furnished hotel rooms
- Way to reach Ooty: By Air: Coimbatore International airport; By Train: Kochi railway station; and By Road: Regular bus services from Bangalore, Coimbatore, Chennai, Mysore, and Pondicherry
Like Ooty is Queen of Hills of South India, Kodaikanal is also famous as the Princess of hill stations. Owing to its picturesque settings and natural beauty around, Kodaikanal hill station is the most sought-after honeymoon spot. There are huge rocks, enchanting waterfalls, and scenic landscapes that allow honeymoon couples make their honeymoon trip one of the most memorable experiences of their life. Just come to this tranquil place and bring the most out of your next honeymoon trip. Get affordable and customized Kodaikanal tour packages to explore Kodaikanal and check out the statistics why Kodaikanal matters the most.
- Things to do in Kodaikanal: Trekking, boating, horse riding, and Kodal lake
- Best places to visit in Kodaikanal: Kodaikanal Lake, Coaker’s Wal, Coaker’s Walk, Echo Point, Berijam Lake, and Bear Shola Falls
- Best time to visit Kodaikanal: Throughout the year
- Romantic moments for couples in Kodaikanal: Take Green Valley views from suicide point, try trekking to Dolphin’s Nose, camping, walk the clouds of Kodaikanal, and spend some quality time with her in privacy inside fully-furnished hotel rooms
- Way to reach Kodaikanal: By Air: Madurai airport; By Train: Kodai railway station; and By Road: Regular bus services from Bangalore, Tiruchirappalli, Chennai, Hosur, and Pondicherry
Alleppey beach, Kerala:
Alappuzha or Alleppey is an aquatic ecstasy within the fold of Gods own country which is also known as the Venice of the East. It is simply one of the most prime honeymoon destinations for Indians and foreign travelers as well. If you love to see the maritime history of Kerala, just choose this landmark and get lost in the natural beauty of the place. With lagoons, freshwater rivers, and meandering lakes, this beach bewitches all visitors effectively. Get affordable and customized Alleppey tour packages to explore Alleppey and check out the statistics why Alleppey matters the most.
- Things to do in Alleppey: Watching elephant parade and sunset at Pozhiyoram; try Kerala style Udupi breakfast or visit Krishnapuram Palace; go for picnic at beach, visit Karumadikuttan Statue, and go for some leisure activities
- Best places to visit in Alleppey: Sri Krishna Temple, Pathiramanal, Karumadi, Alleppey beach, and Krishnapuram Palace
- Best time to visit Alleppey: Aug-Feb
- Romantic moments for couples in Alleppey: Try sweet milk porridge at Ambalapuzha Temple, enjoy candlelight dinner in romantic rooms, go on a backwater houseboat cruise, try Ayurvedic message during the honeymoon, and watch snake boat race
- Way to reach Alleppey: By air: Cochin International Airport and Trivandrum International Airport 75 km and 150 km respectively; By train: Alleppey Railway Station 4 km; and By road: State-run air-conditioned KSRTC buses from Chennai, Mysore, Bangalore, and Coimbatore to Alleppey
If you are looking for a breathtaking honeymoon place in India, then the Southern coast of India has the right answer for you in the form of Pondicherry. Simply come to Pondicherry and get lost in the magic of a great romantic honeymoon getaway where Tamil ethnicity, untouched beaches, spiritual aura, French colonial inheritance, and the cosmopolitan panache will leave you captivated. Remember that this city has everything honeymooners need to take things to the next level. Get affordable and customized Pondicherry tour packages to explore Pondicherry and check out the statistics why Pondicherry matters the most.
- Things to do in Pondicherry: Beach, city, heritage, tranquility, beautiful beaches, colonial buildings, heritage churches, temples, Karumadikuttan Statue, and go for some leisure activities
- Best places to visit in Pondicherry: Sri Krishna Temple, Pathiramanal, Karumadi, Alleppey beach, and Krishnapuram Palace
- Best time to visit Pondicherry: Oct-March
- Romantic moments for couples in Pondicherry: Enjoy a beautiful sunrise, stroll away from urban chores, and take a sunbath
- boat riding, bird watching, scuba diving, cycling tour,
- Way to reach Pondicherry: By air: Chennai International Airport and Trivandrum International Airport 75 km and 150 km respectively; By train: Villupuram Railway Station; and By road: State-run air-conditioned buses from Chennai, HYD, Bangalore, New Delhi, and Mumbai
With the most stunning tropical island systems (12 atolls, 3 reefs, and 5 submerged banks), Lakshadweep is one of the most happening honeymoon destinations in India. There are lots of top things to do in Lakshadweep for all honeymoon couples. If you love to explore and enjoy the best of the beach life in a placid ambiance around, then Lakshadweep perched well in the Arabian Sea really makes a big difference with blue waters, adventure activities, carols, reefs, marine life, water sports, virgin beaches, lagoons, seafood, cruise, and natural beauty around.
Get affordable and customized Lakshadweep tour packages to explore Lakshadweep and check out the statistics why Lakshadweep matters the most.
- Things to do in Lakshadweep: Scuba diving, lighthouse, fish hatchery, canoeing, hermit crabs, kite surfing, tribal visiting, blue lagoon, and tribal dance
- Best places to visit in Lakshadweep: Agatti Island, Kavaratti, Bangaram Island, Pitti Bird Sanctuary, Chetlat, Minicoy Island, Kalpeni, and Kadmat Island
- Best time to visit Lakshadweep: Oct-May
- Romantic moments for couples in Lakshadweep: Go for scuba diving with her, stroll around the lighthouse, try kite surfing, and watch tribal dance
- Way to reach Lakshadweep: By air: Agatti Aerodrome, Agatti Island; By train: Kochi railway station; and By sea: Passenger cruises from Kochi
Although Materan is not a part of South India, yet it is also a great destination for honeymoon lovers. As its name suggests Matheran means ‘forest on top’. So, it is a small hill station where tranquility is the USP. It is the only vehicle free and eco-sensitive zone in tourism sites where biodiversity and lookout points catch all eyes. With an utmost silence around hillsides, cliffs, plateaus, and the Jambol forests, Matheran simply entices all honeymoon seekers and let them get lost in the most intoxicating surroundings and valuable sightseeing attractions.
Get affordable and customized Mathern tour packages to explore Mathern and Check out the statistics why Matheran matters the most for all honeymoon couples.
- Things to do in Matheran: Trekking, hiking, climbing, and toy train ride
- Best places to visit in Matheran: Alexander Point, Prabal Fort, and Charlotte Lake
- Best time to visit Matheran: April-Sept
- Romantic moments for couples in Matheran: Fantastic view of the sunset, 33 lookout points, Charlotte Lake, Malan point, Louisa Point, Porcupine Point, and Rambagh Point
- Way to reach Matheran: By Air: 36 km from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport; By Road: 90 km from Mumbai via road; 120 km from Pune via road; and By train: Neral rail junction for toy train; no vehicle inside town, walking and horse riding only
South India has lots of tourism surprises and Mysore is just one of them. It is such a big tourist delight with attractions of exquisite palaces, big size parks, museums, art galleries, dams, reservoirs, and temples. With Chamundi Hill, Lalitha Mahal Palace, and Folklore Museum, Mysore entices all honeymooners and offers them a chance to bring the most out of their honeymoon holidays in the most convenient manner. There all visitors will find the best entertainment options and pleasant weather. Get affordable and customized Mysore tour packages to explore Mysore and check out the statistics why Mysore matters the most for all honeymoon couples.
- Things to do in Mysore: Jeep tours to historical trails, culture, and history
- Best places to visit in Mysore: Mysore Palace, Jaganmohan Palace & Art Gallery, Srirangapatnam Fort, Obelisk, Nimishambha temple, Chamundeswari temple, Sri Ranganathaswamy temple, Jama Masjid, and St. Philomena’s Church.
- Best time to visit Mysore: Sept-March
- Romantic moments for couples in Mysore: Enjoying Carnatic classical music and dance, Mysore royal walk, Mysore market walk, Mysore night walk, Mysore cottage stay and Mysore offbeat silk tour
- Way to reach Mysore: By Air: Mysore Airport; By Road: Regular buses from nearby places; and By train: Mysore railway station
Hampi is a proud UNESCO world heritage site that takes all visitors and tourists to a different world of history and heritage. Honeymoon couples will find this place quite different from hill stations, beaches, and cities. It lets all visitors revert to the vast remains of the great Vijaynagar Empire. Hampi is a city of the victory that bewitches you with the beauty of the lost world. Hampi has lots of things to do for romance seekers who are in search of tranquility and beauty around. Get affordable and customized Hampi tour packages to explore Hampi and check out the data why Hampi matters the most for all honeymoon couples.
- Things to do in Hampi: Trekking, wildlife, adventure, exploration, and sightseeing
- Best places to visit in Hampi: ASI museum, Mahanavami Dibba, Virupaksha temple, and Lotus
- Best time to visit Hampi: Sept-Feb
- Romantic moments for couples in Hampi: Aihole, Pattadakal and Badami tour; night stay at heritage resorts in Hampi, and a tour to the Elephant Stables
- Way to reach Hampi: By Air: Bellary Airport; By Road: Regular buses from nearby places; and By train: Hospet railway station
Mahabalipuram, Tamil Nadu:
Mahabalipuram is a quite different from other honeymoon destinations in Tamil Nadu which offers all honeymoon seekers the most relevant ambiance for inducing a real romance in the lap of nature. This small town is a well-liked and idealistic place for celebrating a honeymoon in the southern part of India. This unusual city has a great history that all honeymoon couples can experience during their next trip to this place in a fuss-free manner. Get affordable and customized Mahabalipuram tour packages to explore Mahabalipuram and Check out the statistics why Mahabalipuram matters the most for all honeymoon couples.
- Things to do in Mahabalipuram: Trekking, wildlife, adventure, exploration, and sightseeing
- Best places to visit in Mahabalipuram: Five Rathas and Shore temple
- Best time to visit Mahabalipuram: Oct-Feb
- Romantic moments for couples in Mahabalipuram: Crocodile Bank and Tiger Cave Tour, visit shore temple and Panch Rathas, Arjuna Penance, Krishna cave, and a photo shoot at Krishna’s Butterball
- Way to reach Mahabalipuram: By Air: Chennai Airport; By Road: Regular buses from nearby places; and By train: Chengalpattu railway station
Probably, this content will help you take a decision on choosing the best romantic honeymoon locations. If you are interested in going on a South India honeymoon voyage with your partner, make sure that you get an all-inclusive honeymoon holiday package so that you don’t make all required arrangements yourself. Let the travel agents serve you as per your needs and preferences. Keep in mind that you are on a happy honeymoon and you need to be treated as a VIP.