Manali is a famous honeymoon destination in North India as this hill station has everything that travelers need to spend some quality time in the lap of nature in a serene and cool ambiance. People come to this top hill station in India not only to celebrate their holidays but also for enjoying some land, water, and air-related adventure activities that render unlimited fun and recreation. Primarily, there are three common types of outdoor adventure activities for all who love to celebrate leisure holidays with their friends and families in any part of India. These types include:
- LAND ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES: Birding, Camel Safari, Camping, Caving, Cycling, Horse Safari, Jeep Safari, Mountaineering, Motorsports, Photography, Rock Climbing, Skiing, Trekking, and Wildlife
- AIR ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES: Aero-sports, Bungee Jumping, Hot Air Ballooning, Paragliding, Skydiving, and Zip Line
- WATER ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES: Angling, Kayaking, River Cruising, Rafting, Sailing, and Scuba Diving
When you think of visiting this magical hill beauty on a weekend or on a long weekend, there is a long list of top adventure sports in Kullu Manali and top things to do. The only thing you have to do is to find the best activity suiting your individual interest and book an all-inclusive Manali adventure tour package from registered and professional travel agents. With the best Manali tour packages, you can easily know everything about Manali adventure sports’ price and facility. All sorts of Manali adventure sports packages are ideally customized by professional travel agents and agencies as per changing needs of travelers who love to throng to the queen of hills to live their holidays and weekends.
Even if you are going on a honeymoon tour to Manali, you can also enjoy all adventure activities with your partner. Through this content, all adventure and outdoor adventure enthusiasts will be able to know everything about top attractions, things to do, and adventure activities in Manali.
- What to do in Manali in January: Skiing; Ladakh Motorbike Tour (Srinagar to Manali); Riverside Camping; Sightseeing; Winter Trekking, Mountain Biking
- What to do in Manali in February: Ladakh Motorbike Tour; Skiing; Mountain Biking; River Rafting; Fishing; Paragliding
- What to do in Manali in March: Manali to Leh Jeep Safari; Ladakh Motorbike Tour; Paragliding; Angling, Cycle tour; Rock Climbing; Trekking
- What to do in Manali in April: Jeep Safari; mountain trekking; Paragliding; Sightseeing; Snow trekking; Bicycle Tour; Camping
- What to do in Manali in May: Valley Trekking; Lake Trekking; Expedition to Himalaya; Hiking; Camping
- What to do in Manali in June: Jeep Safari; Lake Trekking; Valley Trekking; Paragliding; Sightseeing; Angling; Camping
- What to do in Manali in July: Valley Trekking; Expedition to Himalaya; Hiking; Camping; Motorbike Tour
- What to do in Manali in August: Lake and Valley Trekking; Jeep Safari; Camping; and Mountain Biking
- What to do in Manali in September: Lake and Valley Trekking; Jeep Safari; Camping; Rafting; Mountain Biking; Sightseeing
- What to do in Manali in October: Adventure Camping; Jeep Safari; Lake Trekking; and Valley Trekking
- What to do in Manali in November: Ladakh Motorbike Tour (Srinagar to Manali); Riverside Camping; Cycling Tour
- What to do in Manali in December: Skiing, Hiking, Mountaineering, Zorbing; Rafting, Trekking, Kayaking, Mountain Biking.
Top places to visit in Manali: Solang Valley, Old Mandi, Naggar Castle, Rohtang Pass, Arjun Gufa, Beas Kund, Bhrigu Lake, Jana Falls, Pandoh Dam, Rosy Falls, Mall Road, Hidimba temple, the Great Himalayan National Park, ManiKaran, Kullu, Nehru Kund, Van Vihar, Malana, Bhunter, and Vashist Temple, and Water Springs.
PARAGLIDING IN MANALI:
When we talk about the most emerging and popular adventure sports in India, paragliding emerges at the top. Now, there are many paragliding destinations in India and Manali in Himachal Pradesh has the highest number of destinations for fun-filled activities. Salong Valley tops the list of some of the popular paragliding destinations where all visitors can enjoy paragliding sessions viewing the majestic Himalaya around. During the summer season on the hill station, the prime activity of skiing is replaced by zorbing, paragliding, and parachuting. Thanks to the melting of ice during the summers.
Bir Billing is a prime location in Himachal where adventure lovers throng every year to take part and see the Paragliding World Cup. There, the world cup is organized many times. Just take part in a paragliding activity and get ready to have a stunning aerial view of the entire place with your naked eyes. If you are going for paragliding at Hamta or any other location, make sure you take proper heavy woolen clothes, sunglasses, cap, wind-proof heavy jackets, and thermals for innerwear. Remember that paragliding is not exercised in monsoons.
- Paragliding in Manali cost: INR 600 for a short fly and INR 1500-3,000 for a long fly
- Best season for paragliding in Manali: May-Oct
- Paragliding destinations in Manali: Salong Valley, Fatru Mountain, Gulaba, Naggar Road, Solang Nullah, and Marhi
RAFTING IN MANALI:
Undoubtedly, rafting in Rishikesh tops the list of rafting destinations in India, but Manali also lets you try some adventures on the water with a raft in the lap of snow-capped Himalayas. When it comes to Manali, there is Beas River and Kullu-Manali corridor is a pleasant stretch for rafting lovers. White water rafting in Kullu Manali between Manali and Largi is good 14 km stretch. There are primarily three grades of rapids:
- Grade II: 2.5-3.5 km long river stretch; Rapids near Raison and Babeli
- Grade III: 7-14 km long river stretch; Rapids near Pirdi region
- Grade IV: 7-14 km long river stretch; Rapids near Pirdi region
River rafting in Manali price: INR 1000 to 2000 per person on the basis of packages of ‘short rafting in Manali’ and ‘long rafting in Manali’
Best time for river rafting in Manali: April-June (summers); Oct-March (winters)
BIKING IN MANALI:
Manali to Leh bike trip is one of the most famous cycling trips in India and also once in a lifetime event that all cyclists dream of. With this trip, you will be able to cover minimum 6400 feet (Manali) and maximum 18380 feet (Khardung-la). The expedition starts from Manali, the top honeymoon spot, and crosses 5 main passes including, passes Bara Lachha La with most loopy passes; Naki La; Lachu lung La; Rohtang Pass—the most unpredictable one; and Tanglang La (5360 meters)—the toughest one.
- Day 1: Manali-Marhi
- Day 2: Marhi-Sissu
- Day 3: Sissu to Jispa
- Day 4: Jispa to Zing Zing Bar
- Day 5: Zing Zing Bar to Brandy Nallah
- Day 6: Brandy Nallah to Pang
- Day 7: Pang to Tso Kar
- Day 8: Tso Kar to Lato
- Day 9: Lato to Leh
- Day 10: Leh- Khardungla-Leh
During this trip, you will see splendid destinations, such as Gata loops with 22 curves; highest and coldest deserts Moray plains; snow-capped peaks, and Chandra-Bhaga and Indus rivers. Biking in Rohtang Pass will definitely give you a pleasant surprise. You can also enjoy motorcycle and quad biking tours in Manali.
- Distance of the Manali to Leh bike trip: 561 km
- Number of days needed cover the trip: 10 days
- Cost to hire a bike/motorcycle in Manali: 700-1500 INR per day
TREKKING IN MANALI:
Manali is simply one of the leading romantic honeymoon getaways in India for trekking in the lap of nature amid the mighty Himalayan peaks. Newly married couples can try three levels of trekking in Manali: Moderate, average, and high. A large number of traveler and trekkers like to book Manali trekking packages from Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, and Delhi. Trekking in Manali is a must for all adventure enthusiasts and nothing can be more enticing than enjoying adventure sports in Rohtang Pass. Following are the top trails to trek in Manali and the best time to trek:
- Beas Kund Trek: May to October
- Hampta Pass Trek: June to October
- Bara Bhangal Trek: May to September
- Bhrigu Lake Trek: May to October
- Bhubhu Pass Trek: July to September
- Rupsho Trek: May to September
- Spiti Trek: July to September
- Lamadugh Trek: March to November
- Pin Paravati Trek: July to September
- Patalsu Peak Trek: May to September
- Miyar Valley Trek: July and August
- Darcha Padum Shingo La Trek: June to September
- Chandratal Lake Trek: June to September
Manali trekking cost: Starts from INR 1500
ZORBING IN MANALI:
In Manali, Solang Valley is a great destination for exercising lots of adventures and zorbing (globe-riding) is simply one of them. In this recreational sport, a zorb or a giant rolling ball is rolled downhill carrying a person inside. Interestingly, this adventure allows a person inside the orb view a world turned upside down. So get ready to be Zorbed and feel the ecstasy of the most different adventure in Manali. Don’t worry about the safety factor as there are professional instructors to take care of you when you are contained by the zorb and are rolled to cover 100 meters.
- Zorbing adventure Level: Easy to moderate
- Best time to try: January-May; Oct-Dec
- Zorbing destination in Manali: Solang Valley (14 km from Manali)
- Zorbing cost: INR 500 per person
- Zorbing distance: 100 meters
RIVER CROSSING IN MANALI:
River crossing on the Beas River is one of the most popular water adventures enjoyed by millions of people who love to visit Manali during their holidays and leisure time. Although it is a risky adventure if you are trying it the first time, yet there are personal trainers to make things happen in your favor. In Manali, it is Western Himalaya Mountaineering Center that conducts this adventure and helps all visitors bring the best out of their summer or winter holiday packages in Manali. This popular adventure is quite famous among adults and children.
- River crossing adventure Level: Easy to moderate
- Best time to try: Throughout the year except for monsoons
- River crossing destinations in Manali: Bhang and Aleo; Van Vihar, Solang Valley
- River crossing in Manali cost: INR 350 per person
- River crossing distance: 100 meters
SNOW SCOOTER IN MANALI:
The adventure activity of snow scooter in Manali is quite new but it is gaining popularity day by day. Like other popular adventures, snow scooter is liked and preferred by Indian and foreign tourists. The Usage of this activity allows adventure lovers get the best and candid views of the surrounding ambiance closely. If you are planning to visit Manali this year, then you can try the adventure activity of a snow scooter in Rohtang Pass near Manali.
- Best time to try snow scooter in Manali: Throughout the year when mountains and valleys are clad with snow
- Snow Scooter destinations in Manali: Rohtang Pass and Solang Valley
- Snow Scooter in Manali cost: INR 500+ per person
- Distance covered by snow scooters: 2 km
Remember that snow scooters are powerful machines and are capable of carrying you for about 2km so that you can get spectacular scenery of the valleys and mountains.
MANALI ADVENTURE CAMP:
There is no dearth of majestic adventure camping sites in India and Manali is simply a great destination for taking things to the next level when it comes to spending some beautiful moments and time in the pristine landscapes of nature. You can enjoy winter, summer, or snow camping in Manali, the proud queen of hills and entry point to various passes of the mighty Himalaya. Bright and sunny surroundings, exquisite mountain ranges, serene ambiance, lush greenery, snow-clad peak, and wild flora and fauna make Manali a fun-filled adventure camping trip, especially when you are searching for top weekend getaways from Delhi.
The idea of camping in Manali is a great way to kick the boredom of the city life and take a break from the hustle and bustle of the urban life. You can also choose this place as one of the top long weekend destinations in India. Following are some of the top popular camping destinations in Manali that you should try on your next visit to Manali:
- Beas Kund camping and Raison camping
- Shoja camping and Solang Valley camping
- Kothi camping and Malana camping
- Pulga camping and Kheer Gangain camping
Best time to try camping in Manali: Apr-Oct
Things included in camping: All meals; sharing accommodation in tents; first aid kit; adventure activities; fun activities; DJ night; evening bonfire, and live music night
SKIING IN MANALI:
Skiing is simply a great thrill for adventure enthusiasts looking for fun while visiting the hill station. When you are in Manali, you can easily get indulged in some high adrenaline skiing sessions that can make you go wild and feel the excitement of playing in the snow. Amid the snow-clad mountains, you can take things to the next level with heli-skiing or yak-skiing. Enjoying skiing on the stretches of the Beas River is really a big fun. Remember that skiing in Manali is offered by private skiing operators only.
If you want to make your experience unforgettable and looking for a session of skiing in Manali, the best time is winters. Skiing is one of the top things to do on a family vacation in Manali. Just get ready to travel down snow-capped slopes of the peak of Mount Phatru on flat skis and restraint yourself with the help of two poles.
- Skiing in Manali best time: All year round except monsoons and extreme winters
- Skiing in Manali cost: INR 500+
- Skiing destination in Manali: Solang Valley
- Skiing distance covered in Manali: 2.5 km
BUNGEE JUMPING IN MANALI:
All of us know Rishikesh as the main destination for bungee jumping, but Manali is also a perfect place for trying this adventurous activity. Solang Nala bungee jumping is the only way to laugh in the face of fear and try an awesome adventure in Manali, one of the top hill stations of India. Keep in mind that the participant should be at least 12 of years and the weight should somewhere between 35 Kg to 110 Kg. Get ready to fall from a height, if you Love adrenaline rush! Manali is the place where you can overcome your fear of heights?
- Bungee jumping in Manali best time: Summers and winters
- Bungee jumping in Manali cost: INR 1500+
- Bungee jumping destinations in Manali: Solang Nala Valley
- Bungee jumping distance covered in Manali: 120-170 feet
Always be on your safer side and take help from trained jumping professionals to avoid any mistake and injury as well.
How to reach Manali
By air: Bhuntar Airport, Manali (50 km)
By bus: State-run transport and private transport system
By self-driving: Better take a taxi
There are also some other adventure activities available in Manali that have not been included in the article. These activities include angling, fishing, rock climbing, rappelling, jeep safari, cable car ropeway, and kayaking. You can also try these activities along with all mentioned-above activities as per your changing needs. Whether you are from Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, or Kolkata, make sure you book a perfect and all-inclusive Manali tour package that ensures inclusion of as many as adventure activities for your family and friends.