Like Manali is known for skiing, Rajasthan for a desert safari, Kashmir for Shikara ride, Sikkim for monasteries, Jim Corbett for tigers, Goa is famous for its mighty, cleanest, and pristine beaches. For adventure lovers, nature enthusiasts, honeymoon seekers, shutterbugs, couples, and bachelors, there are lots of adventure, entertainment, and fun things to do in Goa that will soak you in the amplified level of happiness and ecstasy. Goa is the smallest state of India which has been honored with the title of “Best Indian Destination for Relaxation” by Lonely Planet Magazine India on 11 June 2014. Come to Goa if you are really looking for the top short or long weekend destinations in India with beaches and water activities as the prime USP.
There is no dearth of top Goa beaches suitable for your next sojourn in Goa. All you need to do is to pick the best one as per your changing needs. Just book an all-inclusive beach tour package to Goa and get lost in the widespread beauty of electrifying party destination—Goa.
Things to do in Goa for bachelors
Goa is simply a party capital of India and a perfect destination for all party animals, especially bachelors. It means that you are going to have lots of liquor, fun, and entertainment at night parties and beach side shacks without any sort of interruption. Bachelors get ready for having a party in Goa with top Goa tour packages designed to meet the specific needs of party animals. If you are visiting Goa to get immersed in the party ambiance completely, you better go for the following attractions to take things to the next level.
Orzon Beach: It is the only beach of Goa where youngsters can enjoy sunbathing. Be aware if you are visiting the place to ogle at foreigners. Visit this place if you ready to undress and share the platform with other like-minded people. This beach lies near Anjuna and Vagator beaches and you have to cross a hillock to reach there to get a new experience of nudity in India. Keep in mind that nudity is illegal in India. Morjim beach and Ashvem are other popular beaches for adults.
Water sports: At the most commercial beaches in Goa, all bachelors can enjoy Banana boat ride, parasailing, and jet skiing with their friends, not family. There are also some extreme water sports that can be tried to have real fun among bachelors and youngsters. These advanced level activities include white water rafting, windsurfing, and wakeboarding.
Try a beach party: Your Goa visit is incomplete if you are not celebrating your rocking beach party at any beach in Goa. Goa can be the right place to celebrate ‘last night of freedom’ with male friends. Just enjoy your party with your friends with drinks but don’t go for drugs. Try to visit Anjuna, Arambol and Ashwem beaches for enjoying a bachelor party.
Body Massage: Flocking to a spa and getting a body treatment is something that gives you a reason to feel satisfied and refreshed. Try a ‘happy ending massage’ at massage parlors. You can also try foot and body massages at affordable prices by masseuses roaming around the beaches.
Be a gambler in Goa: Come to Goa and hit a nearby casino as a gambler as gambling in Goa is legal. Goa is home to some fine Casinos, such as Deltin Jaqk in Panjim; Chances Casino and Resort at Dona Paula Beach; and Deltin Royale in Panjim. Put some of your disposable money on the bet and get ready to win a big prize if the luck favors you.
Things to do in Goa in December
December is the time when a large part of India prefers to stay inside rooms, but it is the best time for visiting Goa and enjoying everything around. It is the time when Christmas and the New Year will give all visitors to Goa a chance to enjoy wild parties and carnivals in the most vibrant and electrifying ambiance. If you are searching for the most romantic getaways in India in the last month of the year, then Goa has everything that you can think of. Following are the top most things that you are supposed to do when you are in Goa and it is the month of December.
- Water sports: Windsurfing, scuba diving, yacht sailing at Dona Paula Bay, Candolim Beach, and Cidade De Goa.
- Christmas: You will be lucky enough if you can be a part of Goa during the Christmas festivity in an area that is dotted with historical churches at Basilica of Bom Jesus, Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception, Se Cathedral, and Church of St. Francis of Assisi.
- Dazzling buffet of seafood: Goa is a boon for seafood lovers and they can get dainty and luscious Tuna, Kingfish, Pomfret, Squids, Crabs, Shark, and Mackerel at many shacks on Goan beaches.
- New Year celebration: Get ready to welcome the New Year with a bang and be a part of rowdy and loud music parties that define the classic nightlife of Goa.
- Sunburn Festival: It is a popular 3-day long electronic dance and music festival—Sunburn Festival—celebrated every year on Vagator Beach in Goa. It is the biggest party for music lovers who deserve non-stop music.
- Party time: All party animals come to Goa for enjoying the best nightlife, best booze, and best parties in Goa. Don’t forget to enjoy silent noise parties on the Palolem Beach. Also, try local casinos and visit Saturday night market to have a date with the hippie atmosphere around.
Make sure that you buy an all-inclusive Goa tour package that enables you to celebrate Christmas and welcome New Year on a long weekend tour.
Things to do in Goa for youngsters
Youngsters love to spend their maximum time in the company of friends and hang out at parties and other recreational activities. No matter youngsters like to search top weekend getaways from Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, or Hyderabad, Goa gives them a reason to make noise, booze heavily and dance with no restrictions. If you are not satisfied laying lazy at Goan beach shacks watching sea water dancing, it is high time to roam into Goa and check out what it has for youngsters who always deserve more. Following are some of the top activities that all Goan youngsters are supposed to enjoy when they are in a land that has the influence of Portuguese culture and tradition.
- Visit the Butterfly Conservatory after a date with lush and fragrant spice plantations
- Try an elephant shower sitting on the back of elephants
- Free booze to keep your spirits high in the month of August
- Catch crabs with ‘Kobblem’ in the Goan backwaters
- Don’t forget to try a Romantic Mandovi River Sunset Cruise by GTDC
- Find the real rustic beauty in secluded islands of Goa
- Dolphin sighting sitting on a cruise at Fort Aguada, Sinquerim or Panaji Jetty
- Don’t forget to visit Goa’s oldest fort—Cabo De Rama
- Beach cottage stay at Morjim beach
Things to do in Goa with family
If you are thinking of Goa as a place for bachelors and youngsters, then you are wrong. It is the best tourist place for visiting with families and kids, then Goa can be your next family vacation destination. It is the place where lots of beachside destinations offer kids lots of things to do, such as building sand castles near beaches or playing a game of Frisbee. When you are in Goa with your family, try out the following things to do to take things to the next level and make the most out of the family trip.
- Boat tours to see dolphins and parasailing near beaches
- White water river rafting at Mandovi River in Goa
- Go karting and splash in water parks
- A free visit to Dudhsagar waterfalls, the 2nd highest waterfall in India
- Arvalem waterfalls, another popular waterfall
- Bhagwan Mahaveer wildlife sanctuary to see deer and bison
- Snow park in Goa and butterfly sanctuary
- Explore Fort Aguada is in Candolim near the Taj Fort Aguada
- Private island trip with adventurous activities in Goa
Things to do in Goa for couples
Goa is really a big dreamland for all honeymoon seekers and romantic couples who want to get lost in an ambiance that offers complete liberty to celebrate private moments. Goa also enjoys the status of one of the top honeymoon destinations in India where people from all walks of life prefer to flock to enjoy their best individual moments of life. When couples are in Goa, it is high time to feel romantic and cozy in the company of each other. When love and romance are in the air, it means that you are in Goa and following things to do are waiting for you so that you can make the most out of your trip in an effective manner.
- Stroll hand-in-hand on the best sandy stretches of Goa
- Romantic photo shoot for couples
- Staying at a beach shack covered with cracked-open coconut roof, lying on hammock
- Get drenched with her at Dudhsagar Falls
- Party the night away at Goa’s best bars
- Rent a Bike and roam around the city
- Dolphin Excursions at Candolim Beach and elephant ride with her
- Enjoy Sunset with your spouse at Miramar Beach
- Go Snorkeling and try some seafood inside some private spaces
Things to do in Goa at night
The night is the time in Goa when you find real Goa at its apex. Night time means fun, music, noise, recreation, wine, dance, and celebration around. The night is the time when you get limitless opportunities to have amusing and entertaining things to do in Goa. It is Goan nightlife that enthralls every adventure lover. If you love to make things go wild and feel electrifying, then Goan night life is the word that renders you chances to get lost in the breathtaking activities. If you have chosen the night time to have some real fun, then don’t forget to try these attractions to make a big difference this time.
- Eat, dance, and sing at the beach shacks facing the great beaches
- Hit a discotheque and be a party hopper at the most happening nightclubs in Goa
- Visit some of the popular bars and clubs to have an ultimate nightlife experience
- Saturday night flea markets for shopaholics to buy cheap clothes and footwear
- Never miss a party cruise floating on the Mandovi River
- Try Teen Patti and Poker games with other Bollywood styled live acts
- Silent noise parties at clubs and discotheques in Goa
- Watch star-studded sky all night near Goan beaches
- Free booze to keep your spirits high at the most pubs in August
Goa is known for not only it white sand beaches but also for a pleasant weather. You can visit Goa all around the year, but visiting this unique place between November and February gives you a better chance to explore everything around. Between June and October, Goa looks more vibrant as it is the time when the monsoon hits Goa. This time is not suitable for adventure activities, but this time is great for capturing the inexperienced beauty of the beach state.
- Best time to visit Goa: October-June
- Goan weather: Summer 23°C to 40°C; Winter 15°C to 33°C
- How to reach Goa: Dabolim airport (29 km); Margo railway station; regular bus services from Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, HYD, Chennai, etc.
- Weekend getaways from Goa: Panaji, Belgaum, Hubli, Mahabaleshwar, and Jog Falls
Things not to do in Goa
You have already gone through a long list of things to do and activities to enjoy when you are in Goa. But there also several things that you should avoid to bring the best out of your family or individual holiday tours to Goa.
- All beaches are not open beaches in Goa, so don’t go topless. You better wear a bikini.
- Don’t booze too much; it can lend you into a legal trouble.
- Don’t indulge yourself into a drunken brawl with strangers.
- Don’t make foreign tourists feel uncomfortable by going very close to white girls.
- Don’t mix drinking and driving. Be safe on the road.
- Don’t ogle at the girls and women having very small, light, or revealing garments.
- Don’t sleep on the beach as crabs can spoil your morning.
- Don’t spit and litter everywhere on beaches. Use dustbins for beer Don’t make Goa a garbage bin like other cities in India.
- Don’t try to click photographs of people that you don’t know. Remember that clicking random pictures of people without their permission is both nasty and unlawful.
- Never leave behind your money and other valuables in the hotel room and lodges. It means carry minimum cash.
- When you are in Rome; do as Romans do. Try beachwear not your daily wear.
You will find Goa less-crowded, crowded and over-crowded in different seasons. So, come to the global party destination in a season that suits you the best. Don’t forget to come with a proper itinerary and an all-inclusive tour package purchased from leading and verified travel agents. So, pack your bag and get ready for spending some quality time with friends and family in an environment that always tempts holiday seekers.